Project work, jointly sponsored by TU Dresden and CSIRO, towards implementation and verification of a WebAssembly
target for the CakeML
compiler infrastructure. Supervised by Michael Norrish
- Elective Modules:
- Theoretical Computer Science and Logic
- Description Logic (Baader)
- Nonmonotonic Reasoning (Turhan)
- Principles of Inference
- Human Reasoning and Computational Logic (Hölldobler)
- Formal Concept Analysis (Rudolph)
- Ontologies and Databases Systems
- Knowledge Representation and Ontologies (Calvanese)
- Foundations of Databases (Nutt)
- Student Representative in the Joint Comission (steering body of the program).
- Classified as EQR 7, ISCED 7
OWASP AppSec holds a hacking challange as a sidekick for their yearly conference. I helped support the
Austrian delegation achieve the second place in 2015.
Tutor in Theoretical Computer Science and Logics at TU Wien
Best startup pitch at CIO summit
aws First is a program financed by the Austrian Ministry of Science, Research and Economy and the
Austrian Ministry of Austrian Ministry for Transport, Innovation and Technology.
Each year, ten teams of young students receive a stipend to work on a business idea, supported by
mentors and lecturers.
Military Service at Austrian Armed Forces
Google Android Camp, London
Google Android Camp is an initiative to promote Android programming among young students. Each year, Google
hand-picks a class in the order of 20 to 30 students and gathers them for a one week retreat full of coding.
Jugend Innovativ is a national competition of school projects in Austria. Together with my colleague
Moritz Wanzenböck we won the category for science projects for our work on a Variable Neighborhood Search
for the Parition Graph Coloring Problem.
T-Systems, a subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom manages a huge fleet of servers for their outsourcing
clients. To fulfil requitements of security Audits, all this fleet as to be configured with a suite
of up-to-date and safe security settings. Over the course of my internship I wrote an analysis tool
that would gather information on the configuration parameters of all servers, such as SSH
configuration, password guidelines, session timeouts, etc. and report back.
The Institute of Networked and Embedded Systems at University of Klagenfurt is active
in a wide range of topics.
Throughout one month I got to write a sandbox for the JVM in order to execute code
submitted by students, write a selection criteria for a toolkit of evolutionary algorithms
and attend a conference on smart grids.
2nd place at k-MST Coding Contest
Each semester, there's a programming competition held as part of two courses on Algorithms and
Datastructures. When I attended the lecutres, the competition was about forumlating a
Branch-and-Bound solution to the k-MST Problem. At the age of 17 I managed to beat nearly all
other (most of them much older) students, falling short by a few permil after the first place.
For my thesis I worked on the ASP solver Alpha
and wrote about efficient unit propagation for lazy-grounding ASP systems
In the summer semester 2017 I worked as a tutor in "Theoretical Computer Science and Logics".
- Abstract Machines
- Argumentation and Proof
- Declarative Problem Solving
- Logic Programming and Constraints
- Algebra and Discrete Mathematics
- Algorithms and Datastructures
- Basics of Human-Computer Interaction
- Contexts of System Development
- Database Systems
- Distributed Systems
- Introduction to Visual Computing
- Foundations of Intelligent Systems
- Program Construction
- Programming Paradigms
- Operating Systems
- Software Engineering and Project Management
- Statistics and Probability Theory
- Technical Foundations of Informatics
- Theoretical Computer Science and Logics
6, ISCED 5A
As part of Google Code-In I translated the homepage for SymPy and wrote captions
for Perl introductory videos.
High school with focus on Information Technology
Specializing in Computer Networks and Electronics.
Subjects (with hours as product of school years and weekly hours):
|Projects and Project Management||13|
|Foundations of Electronical Engineering and Electronics||9|
|Global Communication Networks||7|
|Local Communication Networks||6|
|Foundations of Computer Science||5|
|Business and Law||5|
|Geography and Economics||4|
|Applied Chemistry and Ecology||4|
|Operating Systems and Computer Architecture||4|
|Communcation and Presentation||2|
|Seminar in Networking Technology||2|
Profile of Skills and Competences:
- knowledge of the theoretical and practical principles of computer studies concerning hardware and software
- planning and executing projects, especially in the field of network technology and network planning
- application of business knowledge in operational organisation and accounting with special regard for quality management and product management
- substantial knowledge in the areas of communication technology, database systems and network programming
- knowledge of process, product, and systems development in computer applications
- application of subject relevant principles for the employment, planning and application of computer networks (data integrity, generating networks, graph theory, telecommunications, and interactivity in a standard foreign language)
- application of media, methods and systems of data storage and retrieval, as well as the logic of internal processing in networks, data security
- solving frequent problems of data storage with the aid of databases in networks taking into account data integrity, servicing and optimal use of storage space
- employment of networks as an enlargement of the individual computer as well as the design of computer networks, methods of network security
- use of existing software and of network operating systems and integration of software applications into existing public networks
- application of management and troubleshooting concepts in existing networks
- application of the principles of marketing, staff guidance, negotiating skills, contracting and financing
- subject relevant written and oral communication in German and English
- knowledge and employment of mobile communication and mobile devices
5, ISCED 4A
Language Study trip to Carlow International English Language School, IE
At age 11, my language trip to Carlow was the first longer trip I did without my family.
I stayed with a host-family for two weeks and improved my english substantially.